1. Annual meeting will be June 19, 2015 at the Senior Center at 7:00 pm.
This plan is not to be confused with annexation. There are no fees or taxes involved: Boise County Ordinance No. 3-2000 states " The City of Idaho City has voluntarily limited its annexation authority as set forth in Idaho Code Section 50-222 as follows":
At this point it appears we have three options:
A committee of homeowners within Duquette Pines was formed to do fact finding and make a proposal to the Duquette Pines Board. Having Duquette Pines included in the area of impact was found to be the most reasonable option. There are no negative results for Duquette Pines by being included in the Area of Impact. Duquette Pines would continue as it always has but with formal fire protection. The City has the advantage to include the population of Duquette Pines when applying for grants. This should increase the probability of grants awarded to Idaho City.
The option of contracting for fire coverage long term would require an increase in association dues. Duquette would contract as a subdivision for coverage with the city. The estimated cost for this fire coverage is approximately $120 per homeowner per year. The city still has not approved the final cost.
The proposal from the committee and agreed upon by the board:
You can mail your vote using the enclosed ballot and self-addressed envelope or vote at the annual meeting.
Ballots must be received by June 19, 2015. Annual meeting will be June 19, 2015 at the Senior Center at 7:00 pm.
We will have a question and answer period at the annual meeting. We would like to limit comments from homeowners to three minutes per property owner so that everyone can be heard.
If you have a question prior to the meeting, please email the board. Committee members are listed below:
2. Please remember to drive slow on our roads. Our roads are not for joy rides. Use them to enter and exit the Subdivision not ride in circles. We have had a number of complaints.
3. Anyone with an unpaid balance as of July 1, 2015 will be considered past due. The board has collected on all current past due accounts except for two. The board is still taking action to collect on these accounts. The board will also take action to collect any new past due accounts as of July.
4. Please remember that all property within the subdivision is privately owned. Do not trespass with motorcycles, ATV, UTV or anything else. HAVE RESPECT FOR YOUR NEIGBORS PROPERTY and their rights! Joy riding around the subdivision is generating a lot of complaints. Please take it to public lands outside the subdivision.
5. (Updated 11/23/13) The following individuals are overdue in paying their water and/or road payments: Names of individuals behind on their DPHOA bill.
6. We now have a Facebook page for discussions about issues facing Duquette Pines. Check out our page.